Monday, December 12, 2011

Internet hassles....

We are back in Nuevo at our old slip - taking care of repairs.  I will put more photos on teh blog of the trip once we can sort out the internet here - can't do Skype, and the internet keeps shutting us down.  The harbor master insists that he will get it fixed.
I left the boat in Perula, about 100 miles south - lovely little place with big waves and too exciting beach landings.  David had found a cove where there was a "road" that I could walk to the little town and get a bus...well the road was a path that wandered and I ended up way upstream, having to follow the river down to the mouth and cross.  I kept asking people if they spoke English and found Francisco, my new best friend.  He had lived in Santa Rosa for 8 years and took me the several miles  trip to the highway where I flagged down a bus to Puerto Vallarta.  We had tucked into Perula because of horrible weather forecasted, but I noticed there was no wind all the way up....and in calling Robert, found he had been given a good weather window.  So, race back down with the car to get the dogs.
The trip up was eventful - giant black bull in the road...and and even more giant, gigantic, huge, incredible awful snake on the highway. 
I said ugh and then could only think of my trek throught the wilderness to get to the road to get to the bus....ugh. Again.  And me withouth a machete.  I don't think snakes respond to screaming.

Robert and David arrived after 20 hours of little wind and strange currents, with only a minor rough water around the horrible Cabo Corrientes.

So now, Robert is trying to round up crew  for the trip north and I will take the doggies to Calif.  David went off on another adventure and we will head north to take care of family for a bit.  That is ok.  Very much ok.

No comments: